Ask Samuele: September 2020

This month, Anastasia from Ealing asks…

Dear Samuele,
I’d like to earn a little extra income renting out the spare bedroom in my house.
Is there anything I need to consider regarding gas safety legislation?
Kind regards,
Anastasia with the spare bedroom

Samuele says:
Ciao, Anastasia!
And grazie mille for your question.
Well done for carefully considering this important issue.
Even though you are just renting out one room, you will still need a Landlord Gas Safety
This often comes as a surprise to people in your situation, as it’s a common belief that this
only applies to landlords who let entire homes or properties.
Good luck with it.
All the best,

Share this blog post: